Hines Park Time Trial - August 4, 2013
- A 12 Mile (20km), out-n-back course.
- Closed course with no motor traffic.
- Rolling terrain with mostly good pavement.
- Short-n-sweet, Fast-n-furious.
|Men Cat 1/2, Women 1/2||$100,$75,$50|
|Men Cat 3, Women Cat 3||$50, $35, $20|
|Masters, Men Cat 4||$30, $20, $10|
|Men Cat 5, Women Cat 4, Handcycles, Tandems, Juniors (by age),Eddy Mercks||Medals|
|Teams||$50, $35, $20|
Eddy Mercks Category:
Race like in the old days using a standard road bike- no aerobars and metal spoked wheels. Separate competition for women and men.
- Individual TT: The first rider will start at 8:00 with successive riders at 30 second intervals.
- Team TT (2 person): The first team will start a half hour after the conclusion of the individual event with successive teams at 2 minute intervals. Timing is based on the front wheel of the second bike.
- All USA Cycling rules apply.
- Helmets are MANDATORY.
- No drafting (except Team Members).
- Yellow line rule in effect.
- Warm-up/Cool down not permitted on course.
- Rider responsible for being at start on time.
- Penalty for missing start time is the time between assigned start time and actual start.
Hines Drive Parkway at the Nankin Mills picnic shelter located South of Ann Arbor Trail in Westland – please see map.
Start times will be posted on the website by midnight on Thursday, August 1, 2013.
Check-in will be open from 7:00 to 10:00AM.
USA Cycling License:
A standard USA Cycling athletic entry and release form must be signed at check in prior to racing. Athletes under 18 must have the signature of a parent or guardian. All racers must be USA Cycling licensed or will be required to purchase a One-Day license for an additional $10 and compete in Cat 5.
Computerized timing provided by the Timing Guys enables quick results. This is the race that introduced computerized timing to Michigan Time Trials.
Overall winners of individual and team events are eligible for $100 bonus for breaking the course record. Separate records for Men & Women.